Lookup your license, certificate or registration information using the CCLD
license lookup feature.
THIS ONLINE APPLICATION WILL TIME OUT IF NOT COMPLETED WITHIN 60 MINUTES
License/certificate/registration renewal is available 60 days before expiration date.
If you enter your license number and receive the following message, please check the expiration date on your license:
The license or registration you entered is not valid or is not available to be renewed at this time.
Personal License Renewal
If your license requires you to take continuing education (CE), you must complete all of the required CE before you submit your license renewal. Individuals who attempt to renew their license without completing all required CE will be subject to license suspension and a $1,000 fine. Renewals submitted after the expiration date will be subject to a late fee equal to one half of the base license renewal fee.
Business License Renewal
Business license renewals require documents that may be uploaded during this online renewal process. You can obtain license renewal documents at http://www.dli.mn.gov/business/get-licenses-and-permits/forms-licensing-insurance-bonds-certificates. You will need to complete the documents, scan and save them to your computer before you begin this online renewal process. You will have the option of uploading documents during the renewal process or you can email them to our office at email@example.com. If you choose to email documents to our office, please be sure to have your license number recorded on all documents. If your license or registration requires a Bond then ALL original bond documents and riders must be mailed to DLI.
TOP REASONS Contractor licenses are delayed:
- The business entity's registration is not current with the Secretary of State http://www.sos.state.mn.us.
- The business entity's full business name and assumed name is not used on all application forms.
- Bond (if required) does not have required signatures, not notarized or missing power of attorney form.
- Original bond not sent to DLI.
- The certificate of insurance has expired, wrong business name or assumed name, missing insurance agent signature or wrong acord form.
- Business structure change.
- Expired Qualifying Person or Responsible Person.
- Missing forms and signatures from the contractor packet located at http://www.dli.mn.gov/business/get-licenses-and-permits/forms-licensing-insurance-bonds-certificates.
To avoid processing errors, the following Internet browsers are recommended for use with online applications.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 26.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 31.0 or higher